Sounds, Sights, Tastes & Smells

Sign in to follow this  

Our senses draw us deeply into the present moment. Share your mindful sensory experiences, insights, and questions here.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts

Announcements

• During the pandemic I started feeling discomfort and pain in my neck and back (probably, because of stress, or because of changing my working place) .  My friend helped me with a massage and pain started to decrease. It worked so well, that I even decided to have a special chair. During pandemic it is also helping to decrease the level of stress. Hope my experience can help someone.
    • Hello to all. I plan to go for a long nature walk today and take beginner's mind with me.  To notice the sights, sounds, smells, feelings anew makes the experience that much fresher. I am also working with a series of Shamatha meditations and am sitting with the intentions of relaxation, stability, and clarity.  As these are new meditations for me, I am bringing a sense of openness and curiosity to them, which I find has (thus far) deepened my time on the cushion. Hoping you are all well, safe, and happy. Rachel
    • I was looking for something like this! Thanks for sharing!
    • I am also suffering from anxiety and stress during the pandemic. Thanks for your tips!
    • Hi Gillian, I would recommend Swami Sarvapriananda's youtube video on Adveita Vedeanta and his one on Maya. The first describes what Advaita Vedanta is and the second focuses on the meaning of the world we live in, which is somehow an apperance of the eternal Atman, the God or the True Self.  I am glad you asked me to recommend a video. I had to think seriously about which to recommend. That spurred me to think what I enjoy about Swami. I had already shared that he is younger but deeply aware of his philosophy, could be funny and is joyful as well as serious when he needs to be. Today, it all came together, he is a brilliant scholar besides these things. I went to a college, now university, filled with brilliant scholars. I adored them and respected them. My major professor at SIU-Carbondale and the chairman of the Department of Higher Education were brilliant scholars as were the two directing Pediatricians I worked with in the Department of Pediatrics. It is clear that I am having a very positive transference reaction to Swami. I love his dedication to learning. He is a true master of Advaita Vedanta. So skilled, that he can admit all the challenges to it, value other philophies and religions in their particular quests and have his ear on popular culture. Quite a person. I prefer Buddhist philosophy and psychology but their scholars have met their match in Swami Sarvapriananda. Daniel
  • Popular Contributors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MariaDe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.