Pain, Trauma & Addiction

Sign in to follow this  

This section is dedicated to compassionately and non-judgmentally exploring all things related to trauma and addiction.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts

Announcements

• Hello all! I am drawing attention to this poll once again (it was originally posted a year ago). I think it offers a wonderful pause for reflection. Add your response as you please 🙂
    • Hello to all in this thread and to those joining in! It's been a while since I've heard from some of you here. Are you well during these times?  I just wanted to share a new blog post I've just seen is up on Mindfulness Exercises. It's related to anxiety so I thought it would be fitting to share here: https://mindfulnessexercises.com/8-facts-about-anxiety-and-their-mindful-solutions/
    • Thank you for sharing @joanahopkins! These past 11 days I have been in quarantining (mandatory 14 days upon entering Canada). I am grateful to have outdoor space to enjoy, but not being permitted to walk through nature has been difficult. I am finding balance between stillness and movement these days by stretching, dancing, and practicing yoga asana. 
    • This is wonderful to hear @maureen bojko! What day are you on now?
    • It is very important to get sound sleep every night on order to feel fresh and fit the next morning. We all know how it feel in case we don’t get a good sleep. Legathry, irritation, and dullness ruins the next day. Many people struggle to get a sound sleep and experience insomnia. While there is meducal help available for insomnia, many people have also benfitted from the daily practice of yoga asanas that help treat insomnia. Some of these yoga poses are: • Ujjayi Pranayam: This breathing technique is great for calming the mind, and warming up the bpdy. It is a popular breathing technique practiced in Ashtanga and Vinyasa style of yoga. It promotes quality sleep, helps prevent snoring, and boosts the immune system. • Nadi Shodhan Pranayam: This alternate nostril breathing technique helps getting a good sleep. It also relieves stress and exhaustion, and calms the mind.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ana

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.